Monday, November 23, 2009

Quote of the Day: CS Lewis

"We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."

As you can see, the weather has put me in a bit of a foul mood, foul enough to use a CS Lewis quote like everybody else does.

One of my big complaints about the rain is that nobody in Seattle knows how to drive in it. For instance, why is my bus consistently late when it's raining? I mean, if you can't figure out how to drive in the rain maybe being a Seattle Metro bus driver just isn't your calling. I still laugh when I think back to the guy I ran across a long time ago when I was still putting focus group studies together. He called up and told me he was cancelling for that night because of the weather. I asked him why he signed up for a focus group in November in the first place if he was scared of a little rain because it frequently rains that time of year. He said he didn't know it was going to rain when he signed up for it. Guess where he worked? NOAA. (The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)

Well, Sunday morning, when I went to go run a dog-feeding errand before church I learned that I am no better than anybody else. My car was stuck in the mud because I parked in a bad place against my better judgment and the judgment of my better half. Very stuck. The main problem was that my car kept trying to slide into the Escalade right next to my car every time I went forward. I was not only worried about the financial hit I would take if I hit the other vehicle but also about the literal hit the owner would put on my life if I did so because the Escalade was owned by my drug dealer neighbor. So anyway, I had to wait for him to leave and had to ride to church in Stacey's car for the first time ever. That's it. End of story. Blame the rain if you think it's boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment