Monday, November 30, 2009

Quote of the Day: Cormac McCarthy

"I’m not interested in writing short stories. Anything that doesn’t take years of your life and drive you to suicide hardly seems worth doing."

I was almost killed by Thanksgiving on Wednesday night. Stacey and I stayed in town late that night to have dinner with somebody (who shall remain nameless) on her side of the family. It was an adventure, and I am defining adventure as an experience that is fun to talk about afterwards but not actually go through.

First of all, we got there an hour and a half before anyone else did. When we arrived there and found the person cooking dinner running around frantically, I knew we were in for a good time. Actually, it wasn't all that bad for me because I just had to watch Mickey Mouse with a three year old. To be honest, I found the plot a little cliched. Also, if Mickey doesn't know what tool to use maybe he shouldn't be the leader of their little group. Also, Goofy is creepy. I think he may be a crude racial stereotype too.

But enough with that, let's get back to dinner which I'm sure Stacey had a great time helping with. As she was trying to not lose her sanity helping with the stress-inducing preparations, she discovered that the turkey was not cooked all the way through. There was visible blood in it and the leg would not pop off like it was supposed to. After they got done carving it, it was laying in a pool of blood in the bowl. I am no health expert but I don't think Sushi Turkey is good for you. Stacey warned me not to eat it, but unfortunately, there was no way to tell the rest of the group without hurting the cook's feelings and being cast into her personal outer darkness. If it's any consolation, we did feel bad as we watched them eat it. I'm sure we would have heard about it if someone died so I think we are in the clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment