Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Quote of the Day: James Michener

"We are never prepared for what we expect."

So I broke down yesterday and bought a new wedding ring. It turns out I had dropped a full ring size since I bought the first one which could explain how it slipped off my hand. I'll tell you one thing, I'm sure glad polygamy is no longer practiced because I wouldn't be able to afford that many rings.

I'm pretty sure I saw a future career criminal at the jewelry store. (Luckily, he was white so I don't feel too guilty for stereotyping him like I've done.) He was probably about eighteen or nineteen and he looked like the kind of person Eminem would have been if he wasn't a rapper. He was dressed like a thug, he had a little girl with him I'm sure was his, and was quite obviously high as a kite. He was buying a three hundred dollar watch as a present for a friend that he paid for out of a huge roll of hundreds. (Now here's a guy who can afford multiple wedding rings.) I mean seriously, how else could a kid that age have that much money? He also just gave off a bad vibe. A different bad vibe than the one that trust-fund kids give off. Yeah, I know I shouldn't stare at people so hard but sometimes I just can't help it.

Today, I realized that nothing makes me feel more alienated from my fellow citizens like reading the iTunes Top 10 list does.

PS
Sorry my blog is so boring lately. I'll get my mojo back soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way when I look at the best-sellers on iTunes. Then I look at the Top 10s on emusic and feel better about myself that there are others like me out there still.

    ReplyDelete