Thursday, August 19, 2010

Quote of the Day: GK Chesterton

"Literature is a luxury; fiction is a necessity."


Yesterday, I won a bet for being right about seventies singer-songwriter Harry Chapin being the guy who sang "Cats in the Cradle and the Silver Spoon" and not Cat Stevens. So today, when my manager and I went to Starbucks so he could pay up and buy me my promised Orange Mango Banana Smoothie guess what CD they were selling at the counter? "Cat Stevens Greatest Hits." Talk about uncanny.

3 comments:

  1. Have you had the Lemon one? There is a starbucks right next to my school and I get almost every day. It is by far the highlight of my day. If you haven't tried one, do it. You will thank me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have stuck with the OMB for so long because I know that with non-fat milk it is exactly 4 points. I did try a 5 point chocolate and banana one the other day so maybe I will have to start branching out more. Maybe someday I even will be brave enough for the Lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so refreshing, I'm sure you'll love it. And just so you know it's 4 points for a venti lemon Frappuccino...that's a lot of lemon Frappuccino.

    ReplyDelete