Friday, October 1, 2010

Quote of the Day: Jules de Gautier

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."


I have some marriage advice for you today. No matter how excited you are about your last day of work, it is probably unrealistic to expect your spouse to share your level of excitement when you discuss the matter at 4AM so it may be best not to even do so.


Speaking of marriage, somebody mentioned to me the other day that people are always asking him and his girlfriend when they are going to get married. I told him not to worry because there's nothing he can do to keep people from asking personal questions. As soon as you're married people start asking when you're going to have kids, and then they ask when you're going to have more kids until they finally start asking when you're going to stop having kids. Although, I have found the best way to get answers to these questions is not to ask them. You'd be surprised the information people tell you just for having an honest face. (My face probably looks a little frightening right now since I didn't shave on my usual Wednesday night since I will be unemployed next week and want to look the part.)


All this talk of employment reminds me that I need to make an important announcement about this blog. With my demanding new job, I may not be able to post everyday. I will still try to write something two or three times a week which - let's face it - is what I've really been doing lately anyway. Please don't despair too much, Dear Reader. I will always be here for you like a chronic rash.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I can totally relate to that. I meet a lot of people because of my work, and it's always a real pleasure connecting with others... But sometimes those "others" don't really know the difference between inquisitive and rude. ;o)
    I'm probably horrible for this, but when it crosses over into the "rude" section, I'm quite fond of politely and warmly sharing relevant details but never fully answering their question, and then turning the conversation back to discussing their lives. Most people really like to talk about themselves, anyway, so I'm in the clear. ;o)

    ReplyDelete