Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Quote of the Day: Garrison Keiler

"A lovely thing about Christmas is that it's compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together."

This is probably my last post for the year because I am heading out to Idaho in a few hours. I've even got my special airport slip-ons on because tying my shoes is one of me least favorite tasks. I get stage fright when people are watching me do it too.

By the way, I am so excited about riding the light rail that I am sure I am way past the geekiness threshold.

Recently, I figured out a way to write fiction on my iPhone that I am currently pioneering to perfection. I can just email documents to myself and compose them wherever I happen to be. This is going to be great. Now I have one more tool in my arsenal to help me ignore the world around me so I can focus on my rich inner-life. I figure more and more people read on mobile devices so I might as well see what my work is going to look like in that medium before other people do.

Today, I answered the age-old question about what happen when you put Diet 7-up and Crystal Light in the same bottle and shake vigorously. Guess what happen? You get sprayed in the eye with red liquid, the same red liquid you have to wipe up off your desk. I kid you not. I think I was legally blind for a split-second. I was really seeing red there for a minute.

I am going to this place (http://www.supersizedmeals.com/food/article.php/20070208-Big_Burger_Boise_Idaho) tonight because I figure when it comes to breaking your diet, it's either "Go Big or Go Home."


Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Let's try to remember their Christian meaning and not their Pagan meaning.


PS
Next year I will be more diligent with my blog. I know I have been phoning it in since my wedding but that ends January 4th. I will be back.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful and meaningful holiday. When that part is over, try not to get sick at Big Judd's. There is one just outside Rexburg that Dave,Rachel and I went to. We did NOT order the Big Judd. They sell a Big Judd T-shirt. You should consider getting one as a gift to yourself to help you savor the memory.
    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. An elder in my mission (Boise) got on the news for breaking the Big Judd's record (eating big burger, fries and shake in record time) when I was there. We were all so proud of him.

    ReplyDelete