Thursday, December 17, 2009

Quote of the Day: Gustave Flaubert

"I can imagine nothing in the world preferable to a nice, well-heated room, with the books one loves and the leisure one wants."




So I ran into some French people unsuccessfully trying to get money out of an ATM machine today. At first, I was annoyed because they were holding everybody up and I only had five minutes before I had to jump on a call. But then I remembered the time in Paris on my honeymoon when I couldn't access my money and I realized that was the wrong attitude to have. I shouldn't be impatient because someone is inconveniencing me when there the ones that are stranded in a strange foreign city all by themselves. Instead, I should be happy that they are French. It serves them right. I can't prove it but they looked suspiciously like the Parisian mother and son combo who laughed at us for eating too much of the free breakfast that morning we were starving because we had no money to buy food.

Sorry I have not been blogging too much. I've just been slammed at work and not with good things like prospect meetings. I have had two or three internal meeting a day because we are doing a bit of restructuring here. It's more of a sales process redesign than a personnel one. Still, it would be nice to know what I am getting paid right now as I type this.


No comments:

Post a Comment