Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Quote of the Day: H. L. Mencken

"A society made up of individuals who were all capable of original thought would probably be unendurable."


The purpose of this blog post is to see if someone somewhere on the Internet can talk about something other than Scott Brown or Jersey Shore.


I learned something funny and disturbing today. Jenny Craig is owned by Nestle. I think the Attorney General needs to look into that situation. It's kind of like how the Weight Watchers group I go to is located in between a Baskin Robbins and a Taco Del Mar.


Those voice recognition phone trees are a particular bane of my professional existence. I always end up yelling at them. Today, I was having particularly troubling navigating one because it just could not get understand me for whatever reason. Here's the tail-end of our conversation you may enjoy:
"I'm sorry I cannot find that name in my directory."
"Yeah, that's because you're an idiot," I said.
"We seem to be having issues today. Please try again later." Click.


Nobody ever tells you when you get married you can still get grounded, but believe you me, you can. Stacey grounded me from leaving the house Monday after I got sick, turned green, and threw up the night before. She wouldn't even let me go on my daily two mile walk. That's okay though because I got my revenge by staying in my room, listening to rock music at inappropriate volumes, and composing angsty poetry in my notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment