Thursday, January 7, 2010

Quote of the Day: Isaac Newton

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy."

Most of you probably know I ride the bus. You may also know this has nothing do with my love of public transportation because I hate it for a variety of personal and hygienic reasons. No, my motives are purely mercenary; I love the couple hundred bucks I save each month more than I hate the forced interaction with my fellow human beings. I'm not sure that's still true any more after yesterday when somebody touched me - if not inappropriately - then certainly awkwardly. (If you're reading this you probably also know that I'm not a big fan of unauthorized touching by casual acquaintances, let alone strangers.)

I'm note sure how it happened. One minute a woman was asking me if my iPhone was a Kindle, the next minute I was back to reading my book because I realized that explaining how the iPhone Kindle App worked was an impossible task, and the next minute she was helping me put my backpack on. That's right, she treated me like we were on a date and my backpack was a coat. It's entirely possible I am blocking out the part where she tried to cop a feel. I was too traumatized to do anything but mumble thanks as I left.

I hope she's not on it today. Maybe I just need to find ways to stop being so attractive.

1 comment:

  1. We call this unstoppable force of attraction "Collin Syndrome."

    ReplyDelete