Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quote of the Day: Mahatma Ghandi

“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.”


I think it's time for me to reveal one of my dark shameful secrets to my friends and family with the Internet as my witness. I am a bad driver. I used to deny this obvious fact out of some misguided sense of macho pride but no more.

It's not that I can't manually manipulate the controls like I am supposed to or am unable to understand basic traffic laws on an intellectual level. My problem stems from the fact that I love to daydream when I drive. I've always used my driving time as thinking time. During my driving, I've come up with plots for future books, debuted albums, made romantic decisions that paid off, decided to accept and reject job offers, had spiritual experiences, wrestled with profound philosophical issues, and just plain old relaxed. No doubt, it's an impressive list but you'll notice it's missing one thing. Drive like a decent human being.

I don't really know how to correct this problem other than to start by admitting I have a problem. So to all the friends and loved ones (You know who you are.) I almost killed multiple times, let me just say I am sorry.

I can't promise I am not going to miss any more exits, rear-end any more people, give everyone within a five mile radius a heart attack, but I am going to try my best not to. Maybe. If I don't space out too much anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment