Thursday, January 28, 2010

Quote of the Day: T.S. Eliot

"Half of the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm. But the harm does not interest them."

My co-worked is bound and determined to have a confrontation with our director because he feels he didn't single him out for enough thanks in an atta-boy email. I predict it will not end well so I plan on disavowing all knowledge when everything blows up.



Sunday School is going better. I think I am slowly getting the hang of teaching 14 and 15 year-olds. It just requires the use of candy and brute strength.

We did have a little incident this week. I was looking over my material before we started and kind of spacing out a little bit. Most of the kids were talking and flirting amongst themselves while one or two were communicating with the classrooms next door by pounding out Morse Code on the walls. I guess I realized it was going on but it didn't register through my deep meditative state that it was something that should not be. Suddenly the teacher next door who also happens to be a week overdue flew through the door with rage and fire in her eyes.
"Who's knocking on the walls?"

Even though no one answered, she must have used her new motherly powers because she looked right at the kid who was and commanded, "Stop it. Right now."

We were all too scared to say anything until she left. I said, "Okay guys, today we are going to learn how not to tick off angry pregnant women."

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say thanks for always making me chuckle when I get a chance to check in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me...that lesson is an important one to learn.

    ReplyDelete