Thursday, June 3, 2010

Quote of the Day: George Bernard Shaw

"There is no love sincerer than the love of food."

Since eating out at good restaurants is one of my favorite sensual pleasures, I am happy to report that, as of today, my dry spell is over. Lately, every time I've tried to go out it seems like the fates have conspired to keep me and happiness from ever being together again. I'm not sure why I was being punished but discovering that my favorite burger place only tastes good in memory, waitresses refusing to serve riff-raf like us at highly-rated places, and not being able to find an ATM anywhere within a one mile radius of Red Mill after remembering it was cash only after waiting in line for ten minutes couldn't all have been coincidence.

Today, I went to a little place called Salumi http://www.salumicuredmeats.com/ only because the authentic Mexican kitchen I wanted to go no longer existed and I was pleasantly surprised. Apparently, it's owned by Mario Batali's parents who cure their own meats. I won't go into details in the interest of keeping this blog PG so let's just say the lamb and roasted red pepper sandwich was better than anything I could have ever dreamed of. I think I'll be full for the next two days.

On a completely opposite note, I figured out that I am now walking four miles every day in the morning before work. Luckily, I've also figured out how to put all that time to productive use by listening to tunes, reading books, and watching TV shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment