Thursday, June 24, 2010

Quote of the Day: Mignon McLaughlin

"No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why."


I just had the worst sales call of my life. It started out with the prospect saying, "Why the Hell would I do that?" to my request of setting up a later conference call.

Here are a few things he said throughout the rest of the call:

"Who the hell are you?"

"I don't care what my peers are doing. I have better metrics than 90% of my peers." (A complete and total lie.)

"We've solved that problem." (I know this is a lie because this is a problem Obama talks about almost weekly.)

"Your headset is too loud. A communications company that can't even buy decent headsets? Boy, that's reassuring."

"You can send an email but I'll just delete it."

"I want you to know that you provide a very very low quality sales call." (Believe it or not, I am actually fairly successful at my job.)

The worst part was that I couldn't get smart with him like I wanted to because he is a very important contact. I did email the CEO of his company so we'll see what happens.

PS
I kind of need a hug.

2 comments:

  1. I like to listen to people. That is how I learn about them and me.

    *hug*

    Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/thinkhybrid or check out my blog @ http://hybridnow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete