Friday, June 25, 2010

Quote of the Day: Samuel Johnson

"Yet it is necessary to hope, though hope should always be deluded, for hope itself is happiness, and its frustrations, however frequent, are yet less dreadful than its extinction."


The week is almost over and I have big plans this weekend that involve doing nothing because I haven't done that in over a month and a half. I'm pretty sure I'll be forced to put on pants sometime but I can't guarantee they won't be of the sweat variety.


This has been a tough week to get through on the professional side of life. There have been some pretty brutal rejections by key prospects. Oh well, I guess that's the nature of the sales game and why so few people play it. This is the first week in a long time I haven't felt overpaid although I am not sure how much of that is due to a tough week and how much is due to knowing I have a mortgage payment eternally hanging over my head. This is also the first week in a month where I was here in the office for all five days so that may have something to do with it as well.


I have huge blisters on my feet. Maybe doubling my daily walking routine to 4 miles a day was a less than intelligent move.


Maybe being the in the middle of a very dated novel by a committed Marxist has made me super-sensitive to such things (I have a compulsion that requires me to finish everything I start reading.) but I suspect my 3 year-old cousin has been reading Karl Marx. Yesterday when he saw our loose change jar sitting on the counter, he asked, "Did you and Stacey stealed the money from the peoples?"

"What peoples?"

"All the peoples of the world."

He later asked me why they paid me to go to work. Trust me, I've asked myself that same questions many times this week.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Collin;

    I really love your blog.

    Warm regards,
    -Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny, little cousin....:)

    Yes, if you are going to do a lot of walking and not get blisters - remember - it's all about the shoes. (Asics work for me)

    P.S. I hope you have a good relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take it that was some Matho wisdom. And I agree Asics are the best.

    ReplyDelete