Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Quote of the Day: Anton Chekhov

"The thirst for powerful sensations takes the upper hand both over fear and over compassion for the grief of others."


When I checked my caller-ID after I got back from lunch today, I noticed that somebody had called my work line without leaving a message. I couldn't quite place the name but since I knew I recognized it from somewhere I called back anyway. The woman who answered paused a little when I asked for NAME REDACTED. She said,"He huh... NAME REDACTED passed away. I was calling about your open sales job. Does it involve cold-calling and prospecting?" She promptly hung up when I told her it did. (Seriously, what sales job doesn't it? That's like saying you want to be a pilot without flying any airplanes.)

So anyway, I was still curious about recognizing the name so I did what anyone would do with unanswered questions: I asked Google. It turns out NAME REDACTED passed away in fairly tragic circumstances a few months ago which was why, I - a dedicated Seattle Times reader, recognized the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment