Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Quote of the Day: Mary McCarthy

"Every word she writes is a lie, including and and the."


The writer Mary McCarthy once wrote of her contemporary Lilian Helman.

Yesterday as I walked to work, I thought it described a co-worker of mine that I was all ready to confront for taking credit for my work because I hate it when people tell me easily falsifiable lies. It's just insulting to everybody. I mean show a little respect and spend a little time on your lie. Don't pretend like I'm an idiot, please.

Anyway, to make a long story short I worked myself into quite a lather during my morning walk and then she had to the gall to apologize and admit she was wrong before I even had the chance to call her on it. Man, it really took the wind out of my sails because I spent a good hour working on an awesome paper trail. Curse you, humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment