Monday, May 17, 2010

Quote of the Day: Oscar Wilde

"Those who see any difference between soul and body have neither."


You know who has soul? This guy.





Yeah, I gave him money for being clever. He said, "Trust me, with a mug like this I know how to make money." He reminded me off the guy who followed my co-worker for three blocks one morning so he could call him a racist the whole time until finally my co-worker turned and told him he was not racist. He said, "Yeah, I know but wasn't the entertainment worth a dollar?" I was also reminded of the lady who told me unsolicited dirty jokes for money. I won't repeat them but let's just say I learned a lot about blondes that day.

We met this particular fellow at the cheese festival at Pike's Place on Saturday. Yes, we bought some cheese which was just the start of a pretty busy weekend. After the cheese festival we went the University District Street Fair where I almost bought a Panama hat in a moment of weakness. Luckily, the $95 price tag scared me straight. I also learned that there is a paint color called "Warm Caramel" that looks exactly like light brown. (Paint colors make me laugh because they are all based around food.) We also walked five miles that day.

Overall, it was a good weekend even if I got a little tired of people and their ability to make me feel inadequate for lacking the killer instinct that enables one to elbow his way up to the sample table with no remorse or conscience.

My favorite part would have been when Stacey told me she was going to go estate shopping with her friend so she needed my car, my cash, and my iPhone. I gladly handed them over because she left my Kindle alone.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, loved this whole post. That guy is quite the go getter for sure. You're one great husband to willingly hand over so much to your wife.

    ReplyDelete