Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quote of the Day: Alexander Pope

"A person who is too nice an observer of the business of the crowd, like one who is too curious in observing the labor of bees, will often be stung for his curiosity."


So I've been riding a bus with the same guy for over a year now and he's been reading the same book the whole time. This book fascinates me for several reasons. It's very thin but he's still not even halfway through it so either he is the world's slowest reader or that is no ordinary book. I noticed he would read a page a day and then close it so I began to suspect it was some kind of daily prayer book. My suspicions were confirmed when I saw him reading one of the Psalms out of it. The next day though I was less sure because I saw him reading the ancient Anglo-Saxon poem Beowulf from it. Now I am very confused and I fear that too much time has gone by for me not to look like a weirdo by asking him what he's reading.

Does anybody have any thoughts on what he's reading? I must know and I vow to travel to the ends of the earth to find out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious now. I think you need to ask him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Collin! It's Aletha (Chamberlain), I just found your blog randomly. Looks like things are going great for you! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete