Thursday, October 8, 2009

Quote of the Day: George Bernard Shaw

“The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else.”

I say this with nothing but love in my heart for the IT people I call my friends, but it's hard for me to find bigger a collection of liars that I have to deal with on a regular basis than an IT department.


A typical conversation usually goes like this:

Me: Why doesn't my computer work?
IT Guy: It does. That's how it supposed to work. It's too hard to explain why it works like that so just trust me.
ME: You mean it's normal for your computer to crash every time you send an email?
IT Guy: Yes. I have to go. I'm busy. (This is the part where he goes back to playing World of Warcraft.)


Now that my computer is fixed, I'm too backed up with real work to blog so this will have to suffice until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment