Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Quote of the Day: Gabriel Garcia Marquez

"Life is not what one lived, but rather what one remembers, and how it is remembered to tell the tale."


Ironically, I have nothing much to say today and it's not because not much is going on. Lot's of stuff is going on because I am getting married in three days (That's three American Days). I am just a little too excited to focus long enough to write much of a post.

I should repeat that I am excited but not nervous. It's funny, because everybody keeps asking me if I am, even complete strangers. I can honestly say that I'm not. I am antsy though to make sure the whole thing comes off without a hitch. I think we're all set after this week because Stacey finally met the one person who's approval I needed.

She finally met the women downstairs I buy a banana and Diet Mountain Dew* from every day and she got the stamp of approval. (As I type this, I realize I don't know her name which is pretty pathetic.) The next day my banana-dealer told me I better remember how lucky I am that somebody's marrying me and she told me we needed to get a joint bank account after we got married. I told her we would but she needed to understand that may affect how much money I spend every day at her store on Diet Mountain Dew. Some people may feel that $10 a day is excessive.

I hope you guys are preparing yourself to go a couple weeks without my wit and knowledge because tomorrow will be my last post for a couple weeks. I will be back by at least November 2nd.





*Diet Mountain Dew is awesome.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know her name either! Has it been so long that it would now be awkward if I asked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should be more concerned about the fact that you are paying $10 for a banana and diet mountain dew everyday, than if you know that lady's name. I'm guessing however that her middle initial is H as in Highway-Robbery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous,

    I may go back more than once.


    Stephanie,

    Just do what I'm going to do. I plan on rifling through her purse when she's not looking.

    ReplyDelete