Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Quote of the Day: William Faulkner

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
-Hamlet


I have a confession that may shock and horrify you. I am psychic. I've actually thought this for a while but this is the first time I am brave enough to publicly admit it. My power is predicting what song I will hear on the radio that day. For instance, last week I woke up with Vern Gosdin's "This Ain't My First Rodeo" in my head and I heard it that day in my car. Bear in mind this is an old one I hadn't heard in forever. Yesterday, it happened with the Pearl jam song "Come Back." I woke up with it in my head and guess what song Pandora served up for me during my morning commute? Stuff like this with songs happens all the time and, I as I have demonstrated, it is not confined to one genre. Now I just need to figure out a way to make money off my awe-inspiring mental powers. Perhaps, a freak show of some kind is in order.

I just learned I have a reputation at work for being blunt and honest. I am a "real straight shooter." At least that's what the HR women who contacted me today for a secret meeting told me. Maybe now I will get the respect I deserve. Maybe when I ask the office coordinator if they can start buying Diet Mountain Dew along with every other kind of soda known to man that they buy for the employee, she won't laugh and say, "Not a chance in hell."

3 comments:

  1. HR contatced you for a secret meeting? When I do that is usually means I'm firing the person ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to ask, did you steal your quote from Monday's Big Bang Theory?? I read your blog yesterday then watched it on DVR and Sheldon used the same quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was worse than that, Amera. They tried to get me to turn informant.

    ReplyDelete