Thursday, October 1, 2009

Quote of the Day: Ernest Hemingway

“You expected to be sad in the fall. Part of you dies each year when the leaves fell from the trees and their branches were bare against the wind and the cold, wintry light. But you knew there would always be the spring, as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason.”

I actually enjoy fall quite a bit and I like to think it's not all because it marks the start of a new TV season.


Ever since I got engaged I've been paying close attention to what married people say about their spouses. Mostly, so I can learn how not to do it. Recently, I've come to the conclusion that my co-worker is having marriage problems. He told me a story about his wife getting so mad at him that she did something unspeakable. It was traumatic just hearing about it. I'm not even sure what he did but it must have been something very bad to make his wife smash his Pop- Tart. Frankly, I'm surprised they're still married. I'll tell you one thing, if somebody ever smashes one of my Pop-Tarts and it's the Smores kind there will be trouble.


I think I got taken for a ride by the lady downstairs that I buy my daily banana from. All week, she's been pimping this low-cal taffy candy every time I see her. She's even said something about them as I was innocently walking by. She kept telling me they were really good and that I needed to try one. She was very insistent about my life not being complete until I had one. Today, I finally broke down and bought one. You know what she told me after I told her it better be good? She said, "I don't know. I've never had one."

No comments:

Post a Comment