Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Quote of the Day: Charles Dickens

"Credit is a system whereby a person who can not pay gets another person who can not pay to guarantee that he can pay."


I've been dealing with the mortgage industry a lot at work so that quote seems very appropriate. Some of those bankruptcy numbers would shock and horrify you.


Starting today, I am all alone until Saturday afternoon so I am free to go wild until then. By wild, I mean sitting around all day in my underwear reading books and eating sugar-free pudding. I may also try to do something with a few friends if they promise not to try to make me put on free pants.

This weekend I had a liberating realization about what being married means. It means I no longer have to go to social events I don't want to just to be "social." I no longer have to convince myself I am going to have a good time somewhere when I know at the end of the night I am just going to go home alone, disappointed and ashamed of myself for eating too many corn chips and for even thinking about eating grocery-store cake with that whipped frosting that tastes like air.
That being said, I am not going completely anti-social, just not forcing it when I don't feel like it.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your blog. I really should just put it in my Google Reader, but I'm lazy.

    I totally resonant with your feelings on post-single social life. You summed it up perfectly.

    ReplyDelete