Friday, February 12, 2010

Quote of the Day: My Boss

"You know, this would be a pretty sweet job if I could just learn not to care."


Yesterday, we had a guy come in for an interview who was a bit of an over-sharer. By the time he left, we heard all about the vacation where his fiancee dumped him, the murder of his estranged father, his cancer, and the DUI he was given unfairly. Oh yes, and we also learned that he is a football fan. Guess how many of those issues we asked about? Zero.


Here's another funny story about my boss. He's an ex-athlete who's put on a little weight lately so he wasn't too surprised when the doctor told him to lose weight at his annual physical yesterday. Although, they were both surprised when he ripped his pants open during an unsuccessful attempt to touch his toes.


I enjoyed the Office last night. I especially liked the part where Dwight said, "It's not 1992 any more," after Michael tooted a whistle to celebrate his sale because I know people like that and they are annoying. Luckily, the used car salesman type never last very long in my business. I also realized something about the Office that bugs me that I have never been able to put into words until now. Nobody has headsets. In the modern office, a headset is as essential as a computer especially to people who are on the phone that much. I mean, I don't even know how to pick up a handset anymore. I don't think it's asking too much for NBC to buy headsets for everyone. Then again, maybe I am just expecting too much realism from a sitcom.

1 comment: