Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Quote of the Day: Charles Scultz (Charlie Brown)

"That's the secret to life... replace one worry with another."


Today was a long day because I didn't have a single activity on my calendar, not even a note to tickle anyone. (Trust me, it's a legitimate sales term.)



You ever wondered how all those discarded prophylactic devices you see on the ground got there?

Well, I did today because I saw three on my morning walk. I mean, how and why do people thrown them there? I imagine most of them are thrown from car windows but I have no data to back that up so I guess it it entirely possible that people are taking the Beatles's advice and doing it in the road, but since I have never seen such said taking place in said road I must assume there is not a high probability that this is occurring.

It's just vile on so many levels. It's things like this that make me despair of any serious social and cultural reform ever happening. If people can't manage a simple little affair like disposing of bodily fluids properly, what hope is there for anyone running the complicated machinery of civilization with even a minimal level of competence?

No comments:

Post a Comment