Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Quote of the Day: Mel Brooks

"Good taste is the enemy of comedy."


I bought new clothes this weekend so I could actually have some that fit me. One of the places I went was the discount store Burlington Coat Factory because I hate spending money on clothes that I could be frittering away on books and iTunes instead. Burlington had the kind of every-man-for-himself, don't-even-go-in-the-bathrooms, Wild West kind of feel it always does and just like last time someone was getting irate with a clerk about the store strict return policy. Although, this time the lack of receipt had nothing to do with the problem.

"We can't take that back, Ma'am."

"Why not?"

"We can't take it back because it's a health hazard." The "it" in question turned out to be a toilet seat cover which ironically they actually could have used in their own bathroom.

"I never even used it. I tried to put it on once but it wouldn't fit."

"I can't do it Ma'am."

"It's brand new," she said as she slammed it on the counter.

"How come there is ... ... stuff on it?"

"Where?"

"There is brown stuff there and there."

No comments:

Post a Comment