Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Quote of the Day: W. Somerset Maugham

"Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit."

That describes my complicated relationship to the Manna from Heaven we mortal call Cadbury Creme Eggs.


Wow. I was just told by a company to cease my harassment campaign. They even started using very legal language to lay the groundwork for legal action. I have never experienced this in my ten years of phone sales, mostly because there is no legal statute (Federal or otherwise) creating a do-not-call registry for companies as opposed to residential homes.

I have included a sample below:
Please discontinue both calling and emailing my company. Further communication will be treated as harassment and appropriate actions will be taken.

My response:
I will take you off the list.
I am curious though why you are using the word “harassment” to describe behavior that includes and is limited to reaching out to you twice in four months. Has somebody else from my company been contacting you more often?
I am not trying to be snarky. I am just trying to decide what led to this issue being escalated so fast. No one has ever used such legalese language on me in the ten years I have been in sales.

I will keep you posted on his response.




PS
I know this will not help us make a sale but it's not like they were going to buy from us anyway. Sometimes men will die for ludicrous things like hilltops an respect.



No comments:

Post a Comment