Thursday, September 16, 2010

Quote of the Day: Graham Swift

"People die when curiosity goes."


I don't think anyone that knows me well would claim that patience is a virtue I possess in spades. The particular personality flaw of impatience has made me my own worst enemy more than once so I am constantly trying to improve in that area and I thought I was making progress until this week.

I am waiting on job offers from two really great companies and it is killing me. It is all I can think about and there is not a dang thing I can do about it. Obsessively checking my iPhone for any signs of contact can only accomplish so much. I can't wait any longer so hopefully today's the day. It should be because I know they've both checked all my references by now.




Up next: The multiple job offer dilemma that is eerily similar to the one I faced during my last job search. It even includes the very same hiring manager from two years ago. I'm guessing if I turn him down a second time, there won't be a third offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment