Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Quote of the Day: Jonathan Franzen

"We may freak out globally, but we suffer locally."


So I am in the middle of dealing with gallstones, a case of mono*, and a job search. And the best part is I can't turn to my two favorite coping mechanisms for dietary reasons: fatty food and Diet Mountain Dew.

Last night made me grateful that I had a wife because I am sure I would not have gone to the ER without being kindly forced into it even after experiencing the worst stomach pain of my entire life.


*
No, I don't know how I got it.

4 comments:

  1. Collin, I am so sorry to hear that you are sick and a double dose at that! We hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job search...tell us more about that. Sorry about the stones that sucks, you know what might taste nice right now...a lemon frappuccino, to settle the stomach of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Collin,
    I had gallstones and it was horrible! I thought I was dying. After I had my gallbladder removed - I was a whole new person. So I can understand your pain. You really have too much going on. I guess we need to pray for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you have a wife too. Someone has to use some common sense!:) I wanted to die before my gallbladder came out!

    ReplyDelete