Thursday, September 23, 2010

Quote of the Day: Rex Stout

"No man with any sense assumes that a woman's words mean to her exactly what they mean to him."

It's nice to know the woman downstairs will miss me when I quit. Even though she said she was only worried about moving her Diet Mountain Dew stock off the shelves, I know that talking to me is the highlight of her day. I told her not too worry since I will only be one block away.

She is taking my departure a lot better than some of my co-workers who have decided to take it quite personally*. I am no longer a "team player" so I am not worthy of being spoken to by anyone on the team. Oh well, it's only six more days after today and now I am entering my favorite part of every job - the part where I stop censoring myself. It's been quite fun so far. I can really be a jerk when I want to be, especially when I am right.


*It's no more of a personal decision than them deciding to promise me a promotion and then telling me I can't have it for "structural reasons."

No comments:

Post a Comment