Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Quote of the Day: Henri Frédéric Amiel

"The man who insists upon seeing with perfect clearness before he decides, never decides. Accept life, and you must accept regret."





The other day Stacey sent me to the store to buy a bag of Halloween candy for our new primary (Sunday School) class. We figured it might make them like us for at least a few minutes. I am not sure what possessed me but I also bought this:







It is pretty cool because it is motion-activated so every time you get even remotely close it laughs manically and says things like:
"Gotcha! (hahaha)"
"Boo! (laughter)"
"Hey! Whaddya doin'?"
"Tag! You're it! (laughter)"

Late Saturday night we heard a noise that sounded like someone trying to open the front door so we went to investigate. As soon as I put my hand on the door, a deep voice that chilled me to the core of my being asked me what I was doing.

Needless to say, the hand is now banished to the closet.

6 comments:

  1. Hello there! I was first drawn to your blog because of its title and the quote below it; I love that. I've really been enjoying the quotes you're sharing, and your most recent escapade with that motion-activated Halloween candy bowl reminded me of a similar personal experience, haha! Modern technology can be quite a blessing, but sometimes... ;o)

    Take care! :o]

    ReplyDelete
  2. To quote Michael Scott from the Office, "Technology is about trying to murder you in a lake."

    By the way thanks for reading, Kristan. It's nice to know somebody besides my mom and sister like my blog.

    Are you going to share your similar experience?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. so funny. Have you started the new job?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have always liked the special effects for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbie, I will start my new job on the 11th because I have my gallbladder surgery on the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! My pleasure. It's a nice blog! :o)

    My experience... Well, if I remember correctly, it technically wasn't MY experience. I was an innocent (yet quite amused) bystander... Short story shorter, a rather rude woman reached in for some candy and it really made her jump. I think I giggled more than I ought to have... ;oD

    ReplyDelete