Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Quote of the Day: Thomas Carlyle

"I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance."


Until I quit hopefully later this week, I am on a new team at work. This team is not like my old team. These guys are very big into pep talks and motivational speeches while I am not, to put it mildly. Today I made a shocking discovery that confirmed, once again, that I need a new job.

I am not sure how into Classic Rock my readers are, but I am assuming you have heard Queen's "We Will Rock You" at a sporting event if nowhere else. Well, that song segways into a funny little number called "We Are the Champions of the World" that I would have sworn could only be taken ironically until today when I found this tacked to bulletin board this morning:


I've paid my dues - Time after time - I've done my sentence But committed no crime - And bad mistakes I've made a few I've had my share of sand kicked in my face - But I've come through We are the champions - my friends And we'll keep on fighting - till the end - We are the champions - We are the champions No time for losers 'Cause we are the champions - of the world - I've taken my bows And my curtain calls - You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it - I thank you all - But it's been no bed of roses No pleasure cruise - I consider it a challenge before the whole human race - And I ain't gonna lose - We are the champions - my friends And we'll keep on fighting - till the end - We are the champions - We are the champions No time for losers 'Cause we are the champions - of the world -


That's right. Somebody I work with can't make it through the day without words of wisdom from this guy.


1 comment: