Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quote of the Day: Cyrill Connelly

“All charming people have something to conceal, usually their total dependence on the appreciation of others.” I just read an aricle about Cyrill Connelly that I quite liked so be prepared to see some more quotes in the next few days.





Man, digitizing my whole music collection is going to take some hard work or a few years. I eyeballed my CD's yesterday and determined that I own anywhere from 420 to 450. The reason the count is not exact is because double albums are confusing and math is hard. I need to design some kind of process for the actual downloading. I think I should start with my favorite artists and go back from there. I could also go by genre or from youngest to oldest. (Whatever process I decide upon, rest assured, will involve spreadsheets and elbow grease.) The sad thing is I realized is there are so many albums I haven't listened to in years which means I probably wasted my money buying them. Let's face it, I am probably never going to listen to Hum again. So next time I want to buy an album I should ask myself, "What will future Collin think of this album?" Maybe I should also do the same thing when making new friends.




I noticed something funny today. One of my co-workers will never say the word "girlfriend." He will go to great lengths to avoid saying it even though he's been dating this girl for a few months that he's gone on long trips with. His verbal gymnastics to avoid the word lead to some fun conversations. Here's an example of what happened when he told us a story about a crazy lady yelling at them for holding hands in public. (By the way, I know his avoidance of the g-word has nothing to do with personal reticence because we know everything about the guy's life.)

"So we were holding hands..."
"You and who?"
"My friend."
"Your friend?"
"Yes, my friend."
"Do you normally hold your friends' hands? How come you don't ask to hold mine? Do you hold _____'s (another co-worker) when I'm not around? I guess we're not as good a friends as I thought then."

Once you throw in the guy who always asks "Did you kiss 'em?" whenever somebody mentions a member of the opposite sex's name and you're in for some real fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment