Friday, May 15, 2009

Quote of the Day: Ray Bradbury

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."


I think I've figured out why my blogging has been so light recently. I'm happy, genuinely happy. I'm going through a very happy period of life right now so I have no demons to dispel at the moment. I shall continue to write so I can keep my skills in tip-top shape so I won't miss a beat when my euphoria wears off and my mood stabilizes to one of its more familiar lower frequencies.


Remember my presentation and how I was supposed to re-cap it? I've decided not to for confidentiality reasons. I can say my favorite part was when my EVP of Sales and Marketing who happens to be Canadian started railing about the Canadian health care system. I also got an award and more stock options. Oh yeah, and I was held up as model employee. Yes, I fully expect to get beat up after work one of these days.


Remember the computer programmer who tried to get into a fight with the Viking a few weeks ago? He was back this morning and yelling at me for expecting the bus driver to open the back door. He said it was too early for that even though he's opened it every day at that time for the past nine months. I didn't say anything but I looked at him really hard and I'm pretty sure he was intimated beyond belief. The best part was that a drunken homeless guy made a very heartwarming gesture by standing up for me.


Today, a man told me I was "oddly charming." That's compliment's right up there with the time a girl told me she thought her and I should date because she was at a point in her life where it was time for her to stop chasing after all these handsome man.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, seriously Collin, I think you would be a great writer for a sitcom. Hilarious. Glad you're happy.

    ReplyDelete