Monday, May 18, 2009

Quote of the Day: Søren Kierkegaard

"The highest and most beautiful things in life are not to be heard about, nor read about, nor seen but, if one will, are to be lived."


It's too bad there are so many good, bad, and ugly things happening right now that I just don't feel comfortable putting out on the world wide web for the whole world to see. I'm hiding my candle under a bushel today. My clean and dirty laundry shall stay in the hamper. As you can see, I like to flatter myself that everyone cares so much about my life. The world's pretty much obsessed with me.


However, I will tell you about my bus ride this morning. Not to put too fine a point on it but I was kidnapped this morning. The bus did not take its regular turn off of the freeway this morning. Instead, it took me to a strange part of town I'd never been to in the dark. (For those of you that don't know, I start work at 6 AM so I usually stumble my way to the office in real and metaphorical darkness.) I'm not sure what happened. Maybe I missed an announcement because my headphones were too loud but I don't think that's the case because everybody else was looking more and more worried the further we got into uncharted territory. Nobody was praying yet or calling their families to say goodbye but I did see a some rosaries come out of a few purses. So when the bus stopped I got off and didn't look back. I ended being about a mile and half away from my office. I only found my way to safety thanks to my trusty iPhone.

I'm still not sure what happened. Maybe we hit some kind of black hole and traveled to the future. By the way, I saw the new Star Trek movie and was quite impressed and I say this as somebody who is not a trekky at all. Science fiction is normally not my bag but this was everything a summer movie is supposed to be: loud, spectacular, escapist, and Shatner free.

No comments:

Post a Comment