Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Quote of the Day: Some Random Woman

"You're a very rude and sarcastic person and I'm hanging up now."


Apparently, some people don't find me as amusing as I find myself. Too bad she happened to be the administrative assistant to a VP in one my largest accounts. She asked me if could spell my company name and I said, "Yes, and I can use it in a sentence." Things went downhill from there. I thought I was being funny. Turns out I'm much more of an acquired taste than I thought. I take solace in the fact that she won't remember me come tomorrow.

You may be asking yourself, why is Collin hardly blogging at all this week? I know you've probably spent a good part of the week curled up in the fetal position, alternating between crying and rocking yourself to sleep due to the dearth of blog posts. The truth is I've been staying up too late and am just too tired to think so I figure no content is better than sub-par content.

I'll be back in full force tomorrow with a review of my sales presentation. Let's just say it involves someone very high-up using a metaphor likening our company to an English boarding school sports team getting beaten by their headmaster for not running fast enough. Dickens and Morrissey would be so proud.

1 comment:

  1. Collin I hate to break it to you, but come tomorrow she's going to remember and chances are it will be in an even more distorted version. The Admin Assistant is the "gatekeeper" if you will and should NEVER be crossed.

    ReplyDelete