Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Quote of the Day: Samuel Johnson

“Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.”


That's right we are being sappy and motivational today to make up for everyone else being so strange today.


My boss has spent a good part of his morning gathering signatures for a petition to bring Honey Nut Cheerios to our kitchen. He got quite a few until the receptionists, HR, and Accounting told him to just be grateful he has a job with free cereal perks. He does have a good point though about Cheerios being more popular than granola.


My co-worker spent about fifteen minutes staring at the window with his binoculars. He's convinced that the two guys taking pictures of the Federal Building across the street are Iranian agents casing the joint.


I overheard this conversation in the elevator today:
"He wouldn't hold the baby."
"Why?"
"He said last time he held a baby, he ended up with one of his own."
Yeah, I'm not sure how that works either, but from now on, I have another reason not to hold babies besides me fear of breaking them.

2 comments:

  1. Too true! I held my sister's baby, and the next thing you know I'm pregnant! Be careful Collin!!! You don't need to be breaking and having babies all at once!

    ReplyDelete