Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Quote of the Day: Soren Kierkegaard

"Our age does not stop with faith, with its miracle of turning water into wine; it turns wine into water."

I haven't teased out all the implications of this quote yet but I like it anyway. I've always liked Soren Kierkegaard, especially his idea about experiencing objective Faith through the subjective. One of his core tenets of belief is that existential despair is God's way of driving man to faith. In other words, life is so awful so that people will realize there's nothing left to do but pray.


Today, I stayed home sick from work because my sore throat is not conducive to talking persuasively to strangers on the phone. By the way, I've come up with a new job description for my job. "I talk on the phone all day to people who don't want to talk to me about software I don't understand."


Apparently, the city shut the gas off at my house for the day so they can fix a gas line. I really wish I would have known this before I got all lathered up in the shower. Needless to say, I'm wide awake now after that ice-cold shower. I guess I should read the things people place on my door from now on.


I officially booked my trip to London and Paris today and now I'm off to go get a passport photo taken.


I found out some very disturbing news today about a historical figure that I will share with you tomorrow. It's still too traumatizing to write about at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment