Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quote of the Day: Adam Sandler


I am blogging tonight from beautiful, sunny Orlando, Florida. Bear in mind that pond was full of largemouth bass.
The quote of the day comes to us tonight from "The Wedding Singer." "Once again, things that could've been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!" You may remember the Adam Sandler character screaming that after his girlfriend stood him up at the altar and told him she didn't want to marry him anymore. Nothing quite that dramatic happened to me today but I did find out something that would have been nice to know a few days ago when I was planning my trip. I learned the hard way that Orlando has two Regency-Hyatt hotels. So now I am staying at a hotel that is miles away from civilization; however, as you can see, the scenery can't be beat. I did have to cancel most everything I had planned because of a lack of transportation so I spent the afternoon just enjoying the sun and the palm trees. I also had to spend $20 over my limit for dinner tonight since a little tourist trap called Hemingway's was the only place around here open late enough to accommodate my schedule. Surprisingly, the place was not full of bearded, depressive alcoholics making fools of themselves. By the way, the sea bass was worth every penny of its $40 price tag.
In other news, I read The Watchmen from start to finish on the plane today. I have plenty of thoughts to offer on my very first graphic novel that I will share later. I will share with you the fact that I loved it.
I am going to bed now because I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow and I still haven't even strategized with my team yet.

6 comments:

  1. I am not sure why Blogger will no longer let me do paragraphs but it kind of hurts my feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used that quote from the Wedding Singer so many times that I forgot it was from the Wedding Singer. It seems there are a great many things that would have been helpful to know yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could just fly to Florida for FUN though!! Bet you wanted to fish, huh? Love the Wedding Singer!! My boys and Alan are always quoting it!!! (does tend to get a little old!). I love it that you blog so I can feel in touch! It's been way too long!! Email me sometime if you ever get time!janaleerichmond@gmail.com
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. once you've written the post, go into html edit and type

    at the end of each place you want the paragraph to end.

    you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay so i did actually type something there, but clearly it was too effective. type
    twice at the end. my prior comment is proof that it works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that didn't work either so now I'm going to stop. because well I sort of feel like a stalker, I mean 3 comments in 5 minutes?

    ReplyDelete