Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday was one to the best days I’ve had in a long time. I composed the perfect sentence for my short story, the last of the books I bought for my birthday book-buying orgy showed up, and the dark rye shoed back up.

Two months ago, I decided that dark rye was a very important component of the perfect sandwich. Unfortunately, one month later the dark rye was gone from the deli I eat at every day; never to return, apparently. I had an exchange a few days later with the owner that went a little something like this:

“No dark rye today, huh?”
“No, they were all out again.”
“That’s weird.”
“We keep trying to buy it but they only give us what they can get. It’s very hard for them to get dark rye. I think they are always out because nobody likes it.”
“Maybe.”


Based on this conversation I concluded a couple things. It appears that they are buying their bread from some kind of black market group with supply problems (Maybe I’ve been watching The Wire a little too much.) I also realized that my grasp of economics may be more limited than I previously thought because I had always assumed that popular products sold out faster not the other way around. I shall now take my new knowledge back to my sales director to see what he can do with it.

Regardless of the reason for the shortage, I am glad that the dark rye is back. When I saw it sitting there on the counter, I was so happy I didn’t even question it. Also, I am a little scared of prying into the bread cartel’s business.

Today should be a good day as well because I have a man-date with Michael Hammond tonight at my favorite Mexican restaurant.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a fun man-date. Im loving the blogging, but I have 1 request!! (Said with exclamations). Please do a before and after picture with your new self. You really do look different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you make me laugh. I'm so glad you had a man-date with Michael, sounds like a fun time. I'm also glad that you have your dark rye back and I'll be praying for you and your safety as you look into the bread cartel's business.

    (I'm really having to restrain my use of exclamation points. See I didn't use it right there where I really wanted to do this!!)

    ReplyDelete