Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Quote of the Day: One of My Many Admirers

Today, someone leaned in close to me, put their arm around me, and said, "I like you. I really like you." Sadly, I don't think they were my type though because they were pushing sixty years of age, big enough to bench press me, and very drunk. Also, it was a guy. Still, you know, it's always nice to hear that once in a while. Needless to say, I had a good time talking to a very intoxicated prospect today.


In other good news, I finally fixed my computer. It'd been running slow for about two weeks so I left it in my room all day and scanned it with everything I could think of and now it works like a charm. I am not the biggest techy geek in the world but I don't think a program called "infostealer" was good for my computer. Also, I learned that KEXP just released an iPhone app and I'm about as excited about that as I've been about anything in months. Oh, and I had a piece of filet mignon so tender it practically melted in my mouth.


I also learned something today that would have been nice to know years ago. Apparently, I've been pronouncing my name wrong ever since I was old enough to talk. Here's an actual exchange I had with a reservation agent today over the phone:

"That's a weird name."
"Just remember the H is silent."
"No, it's not but whatever."

I guess I better run home and tell my dad.

1 comment:

  1. Collin!
    I absolutely LOVE reading your blog!! I laugh so hard that I need to cross my legs! You probably didn't want or need to know that! PLEASE keep writing...you are such a joy! Wish we lived closer to each other. You have always been a special boy.
    Love ya, kiddo!!!
    Aunt Jana

    ReplyDelete