Monday, August 17, 2009

Quote of the Day: Norman Mailer

"Obsession is the single most wasteful human activity, because with an obsession you keep coming back and back and back to the same question and never get an answer."


I've just wasted the last hour searching for an awesome quote I came across in my blog reading this morning. It was about how marriage and books are alike and since those are two of my favorite things at the moment I was going to use it as the daily quote; but alas, I cannot find it. Curses.



So we bought the cake this weekend and we are both having buyers remorse about it. I think we both began to seriously question the competence of the baker when she didn't know where the Space Needle was. I am not joking either. Apparently, she's never seen an episode of Frasier.


Our conversation went a little something like this:

"Where will this be delivered?"
"The Space Needle."
"What is the address?"
"We have no idea. It's downtown."
"I need the address."
"I bet the delivery driver will know where it is."

Luckily, Stacey thought she remembered what it was so were able to move on. Unfortunately, not knowing the exact zip code tripped us up at the very end.

"What is the zip code? I need the zip code. The receipt is asking for it."
"No idea."
Now this is the part where she helpfully pulled out a binder containing a list of every zip code in King County and asked us which one it was. Maybe she thought I was like Rain Main and had some kind of freakish memory.
"I don't know. Just look up. It's that big building in the sky. You can't miss it."
She finally agreed that maybe we could look it up later since we have two months to figure it out.


I am not even going to go into the tragic conversation we had about buttercream frosting that shook my faith in the whole human enterprise in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment