Monday, August 3, 2009

Quote of the Day: Saul Bellow

"The secret motive of the absent-minded is to be innocent while guilty. Absent-mindedness is spurious innocence."

I don't know what's wrong with me because normally I'm a very detailed, process-oriented person but lately I've been quite absent-minded. I've locked myself out of my apartment twice in the past five days and normally I never step outside without my keys in my pocket. I have come to the conclusion that I need to design and implement a new routine for my new apartment so I'll be pretty busy for the next couple weeks.


On the plus side, I only have three cavities which isn't too bad for a guy who hadn't been to the dentist in over ten years.


Today, I had one of those little moments we all have from time that reminds us just how far being a practicing Mormon puts us out of the mainstream. Some months ago, my boss started dating a women the very same week I started dating one. Today, he told he me he is ready to call her his girlfriend even though it feels kind of weird to use that word. Meanwhile, I have no problem calling mine my fiancee.

No comments:

Post a Comment