Friday, August 7, 2009

Quote of the Day: William Faulkner

"One of the saddest things is, the only thing a man can do for 8 hours a day, day after day, is work. You can't eat 8 hours a day nor drink for 8 hours a day, nor make love for 8 hours."

I think a new law should be written that says meetings should never last more than an hour. The human mind cannot stand being forced to passively listen for much longer than that. Also, people should stop accusing me of sleeping and playing with my iPhone during meetings because such behavior will be legalized after the hour mark as soon as I am king.

1 comment:

  1. I think that Faulkner definitely had a huge oversight here considering yesterday's post. Obviously a man can sleep 8 hours a day, day after day. And I would wager that there are people who watch TV or play video games that long, day after day as well.

    ReplyDelete