Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Quote of the Day: Benjamin Disraeli

"Books are fatal: they are the curse of the human race. Nine-tenths of existing books are nonsense, and the clever books are the refutation of that nonsense. The greatest misfortune that ever befell man was the invention of printing."


My company's Green Initiative is the worst thing to befall me this week. I'm all for conservation but I think it's gone a little too far when someone goes around counting how many paper plates grown adults use in a given week. For the record, my floor is allowed 48 bio-degradable plates. For the record, I was the one who ripped down the smug little self-righteous sign in the break-room telling us we are using too many plates. What's a little anonymous passive-aggressiveness when the future of the world is at stake?


First they came for the bottled water . . .

3 comments:

  1. You are not anonymous anymore. Perhaps you could bring your own paper plates and write it off as a business expense(or be really green and bring one of those old fashioned washable plates).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about doing that but I keep forgetting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like it better if they just stopped supplying them. The counting really bothers me. Plus, I know some people are hording stockpiles at their desks.

    ReplyDelete