Friday, April 9, 2010

Quote of the Day: Blaine Pascal

“The only shame is to have none.”



http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011532991_apwadornarrested1stldwritethru.html
I still can't believe Washington's Superintendent of Schools hasn't resigned yet. Oh, he's writing a letter to all the students. Well, then I guess I take back all the bad things I said about him. That should do a lot of good because nothing impresses kids more than a strongly worded letter. I don't think you need to be a saint to participate in public life but there should be some minimal standards we hold people to if they want to work with kids because nothing encourages cynicism more than adult hypocrisy.


Yesterday on the radio I heard someone say, "It's really remarkable. It's almost like Tiger Woods is a different person. He's relaxed and interacting with people." All I could think was, isn't interacting what got him in so much trouble in the first place?


On a more positive note, I had a talk at work about my future with my boss that went really well. I can't get into too much detail but let's just say all the higher-ups think that me buying a house is a good idea. So I am all set for a while as long as the world doesn't end in 2012.


I will close today with a plea for help from my readers. I need help identifying a cookie because I had one yesterday and have been obsessed with finding out what they are called ever since. One side is shortbread and the other side is a solid layer of milk chocolate with some kind of figure engraved into it. I think it's either a soldier or a joker or maybe a school boy. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a Pepperidge Farms cookie that comes in a party assortment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's not a Pepperidge Farms cookie, then I propose that it was a LU "Petit Écolier" ("Little Schoolboy") cookie. For lack of a prettier link, I give you this one: http://www.amazon.com/LU-Cookies-Schoolboy-Chocolate-5-29-Ounce/dp/B0019FM36Y

    ReplyDelete