Monday, April 12, 2010

Quote of the Day: W. Somerset Maugham

"Insensibly he formed the most delightful habit in the world, the habit of reading: he did not know that thus he was providing himself with a refuge from all the distress of life; he did not know either that he was creating for himself an unreal world which would make the real world of every day a source of bitter disappointment."


Last weekend, Stacey and I went to the Seattle Edible Book Festival. Read all about it here. http://frybooks.blogspot.com/ Basically, people cook book-themed food, show it off, and then everybody eats it like animals. Unfortunately, I only remembered to take pictures at the very end. Enjoy.




Alice in Wonderland



"The Origin of Reeses's" instead of "The Origin of Species." Get it?


"The Diary of Canned Franks." This was my favorite because I enjoyed standing next to it and watching people trying to forbid themselves from laughing to avoid feeling like bad people. I am happy to report that in the battle between mirth and conscience, mirth won a majority of the time.

1 comment:

  1. Love that quote. I directly attribute my self-ejection from society to a childhood love of reading.

    ReplyDelete