Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Quote of the Day: My Boss

"The best thing in the world is a sales guy with lots of debt."


That was my boss's way of welcoming me into the world of home ownership. Stacey and I finally had one of our offers accepted which means we are eligible for the $8000 tax credit because we got "mutual acceptance" between us and the seller by 4/30/10. (Yeah, we pushed it.) It was the fourth house we made an offer on so at this point we are more relieved than anything that we no longer have to obsess about houses and spend every waking minute traipsing around Shoreline with our new best friend, our realtor. She was actually great and made sure we got a nice house at an affordable price without having a nervous breakdown. Oh yeah, and she even gave us lasagna. (Let me know if you ever need a good realtor because I can recommend her without reservation.)

The house is not quite our dream house but it is nice and we can afford it without having to live on Top Ramen. I'm so glad we avoided the trap of buying at the top of our approval range. The house is an older house in Shoreline with plenty of character like a pink bathroom. (I will post pics after we pass inspection on Friday.) My commute will hardly increase at all because a bus that goes to downtown stops only a few blocks from my house which means I can walk there. Most days I won't even have to start my car. Hopefully, being so green in my commute will make up for my excessive use of paper plates.*



*I should follow up on my post from yesterday and note that I am not opposed to conservation. I am just opposed to all these little measures designed to annoy me into being green. Just ban the damn things so I won't even have to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment