Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Quote of the Day: TS Eliot

"Disillusion can become itself an illusion if we rest in it."


A few of us at work were part of an interview loop today to help hire a new team member which got my thinking: Isn't it in our best interest not to hire somebody who might possibly outshine us? I kind of like being number one and don't need the competition. I'm kidding, we hired the best candidate because we all do want to the team to succeed. Although, an unethical person could certainly look at it another way. (I swear I am not unethical for looking at it that way, just a curious one.)

It was nice to be able to ask questions like "What do you think is the most important skill required to be successful in sales?" as opposed to the questions I used to ask when I was running an entry level market research call center like "Do you have a pulse?" "Do you use drugs, I mean right now at this very moment?" Seriously once upon a time, a white Rastafarian asked me if I wanted to go smoke a bowl with him after the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment