Friday, July 9, 2010

Quote of the Day: F. Scott Fitzgerald

"No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart."



Stacey and I learned a few things last weekend.


We learned the proper way to wash a car thanks a nice homeless drunk on malt liquor. We were washing a car at the Brown Bear in Lynnwood when a guy I assume was homeless based on his lack of teeth, scruffy clothes, and the malt liquor he had concealed quite cleverly in a brown paper bag walked up and said something about putting soap on the wrong way.

"I know," I said. "The soap's not coming out of the brushes so we have to put the soap on first."

"Hey, I am a professional detailer. My buddy owns a car shop."

"That's nice," I said.

Anyway, he kept going on and on about how we were doing it wrong until Stacey finally said, "Look, we know how to do it."

"Hey," he said, "I am not a dumb____."

"Nobody said you were."

"She did. Look at her. She thinks I am a dumb____ but I am not."

"Maybe you should head on out," I suggested.

"But I'm not a dumb___."

Finally, the message of "Leave" penetrated his drunken haze but he still wouldn't let it go. The whole time he was walking away from us he yelled about he wasn't a dumb______ even if Stacey thought he was.

See, this is why we can't go out in public - Stacey picks too many fights.



We also learned not to skip church because when you do cars blow up. We left early lasts week because of illness and on the way home the tire of the car next to us exploded and sprayed rubber shrapnel all over us. When a big chunk hit our window and shook the whole car we thought we were being shot. So we won't be missing church this week come Hell, high water, or missing limbs.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Stacey is always such a trouble maker. He must've been very annoying for her to finally snap at him. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHAHA....you guys do not live a dull life...:)

    ReplyDelete